Vocational training

-A +A

Training in Hospitality and Tourism in Morocco began with the creation of the first educational institution in 1950: "The Hotel School of Rabat."
Since then, the Ministry of Tourism has 15 institutions that have as a mission the training of profiles and skills versed in the jobs of hotel and tourism, according to 3 modes: residential training, apprenticeship and qualifying training.

Residential training is a session given at the premises of the institution by alternating theory and practice while allowing the trainee to conduct short courses in business throughout its curriculum.

Apprenticeship training is divided between school and professionals. The theoretical part of the training is 20% of the latter and is provided in the premises of the institute while transferring the remaining 80% for businesses, to enable trainees to practice the acquired knowledge

Qualifying training, is short-lived, as a target young graduates seeking employment and aims to provide an immediate response to the job market needs.

In terms of education levels, there are three levels: Qualification, Technician, and Skilled Technician.

Qualification level: This is a two-year training for the candidates justifying of the 9th fundamental year, 1st or 2nd year of secondary school level, provided at the professional Training Centers of Hospitality and Tourism, either residential or apprenticeship training. It leads to either a continuation of studies to the technician level or direct access to the job market.

Technician Level: It’s a degree course that allows candidates justifying of the 3rd year of secondary school or a degree in Hotel and Tourism to obtain a technician diploma in Hotel and Tourism (DTHT) after successfully taking the training exams.

Throughout the training period, the EFHT accompanies their trainees by connecting them with professionals through meetings and also their participation in various events or to plan extra-curricular activities for the development and well-being of these candidates: sports, excursions, social and educational activities...
Laureates of Hotel and Tourist Technology Institutes are generally employed in hotels and Tourist companies, they also have the opportunity to access the public service or to continue their studies in order to reach for a technical diploma specializing in hospitality.

Specialized Technician Level: ISTAHT opens its doors to Bachelors with a selection of records that is done on the basis of the semesters gradebooks of the two years of Baccalaureate, and also to holders of DTHT with a selection based on the semester’s gradebooks of the two years of hospitality training.

The provided Training over the two years at the ISTAHT comes with a specialized technician diploma in tourism after the end of successful training examinations, with a range of industries: Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts / Table and service art, hotel and tourism marketing.

Alternating theory and practice, the laureates of ISTAHT acquire a rich and diverse training and are usually employed in the hotel and Tourist companies or in the public service. 

Since then, the Ministry of Tourism has 15 institutions that have as a mission the training of profiles and skills versed in the jobs of hotel and tourism, according to 3 modes: residential training, apprenticeship and qualifying training.

Residential training is a session given at the premises of the institution by alternating theory and practice while allowing the trainee to conduct short courses in business throughout its curriculum." data-share-imageurl="">