The article 29 of the Implementation Agreement, relating to the "Strengthening of education and training courses of study and to the generalization of continuing training" draws a guiding outline of training and announces the actions program within the decade.
The implementation of the "2010" Vision will generate (during such a period) a demand for direct employment of about 72000 jobs in the hotel sector. To take up such a challenge, the national system of training in hotel management and tourism is called upon to adopt an approach which is centered around synergy, optimization, flexibility an quality.
At this prospect, an Integrated Development Plan (PDI) has been elaborated in order to meet these requirements, involving all the partners concerned : the Professional Training Department, the Office of Professional Training and the Promotion of Employment (OFPPT) and the National Federation of Hotel Industry (FNIH).
The PDI'S revitalizing main lines :
- Physical dynamics : this point is mainly about the increase of the reception capacity of training system (more than 3500 pedagogical seats), by exerting an impact on the optimization of the existing (establishments), the expansion of 12 public establishments of training and on the creation of 8 new establishments of training (including a Center of Competences Development/CDC );
- Qualitative dynamics : It intends to increase the effectiveness and the relevance of the training offer through the professionalization of all its main components :
- Setting up and generalization of the engineering of approach- based Competence (APC). This approach will ensure the restructuring of all the programs pertaining to the courses of studies centered around hotel trade, tourism, and catering. It will also establish a new culture in the management of training establishments.
- Active involvement of the private sector :particular measures to support this sector will be undertaken at the level of the restructuring of training programs under way, the elaboration and the setting up of new programs and from the point of view of upgrading human resources (managers);
- Upgrading of formative resources : It is centered around the Initial Training, the improvement and certification of the whole formative and educative resources (Trainers, "Studies Managers" "Chief of work").
- A dynamics of continuing training in order to support competences requirements at the level of companies and to strengthen the intervention capacity of establishments in favour of the profession.
The creation of Hotel Trade - GIAC(1) will allow the enterprises to fulfil the upgrading of their human resources;
- A dynamics centered around a good knowledge of the job market, and the identification of the domain and structures of the sector. The objective of such a process is to increase the visibility of job and trades structure on the one hand, and the qualifications required by the sector on the other hand. A" Sectorial Directory" of jobs and trades will be elaborated, with a view to deepening this knowledge of job market, and that is all thanks to the nomenclature proposed by international specialized organizations;
- A dynamics relating to the development of professional training based on learning : This dynamics is focused on the training of 18.000 trainees by the year 2010 in different courses of study. This training mode is centered mainly around the training in enterprises.(80% in enterprises and 20% in training establishment);
- A dynamics of development concerning the qualifying training : it is about the introduction of this training mode at the level of some courses of study of the sector (tourist niches), by means of considering the specific needs of enterprises. This training is aimed at graduates of higher education who have run into major difficulties as regards professional integration.
Regional Integrated Development Plans (PDIR): The national dimension of the training system will be included in the regional dimension, and that is all by resorting to the Regional Development Plans (PDR).
 GIAC : Groupement Interprofessionnel d'Aide au Conseil
More informations (Documents
of integrated developpment of Hotel and Tourist training